Monday, September 24, 2007

A Little Known Simple Change that can Help you Lose some Weight

The Transgender Companion, THE MUST HAVE guide for all TG women, from CD to TS, http://www.tgcompanion.com

It is a windy day here in the Chicago area today. Imagine that? Windy in the Windy city!!!!!! I read once that we actually got that title from NYC during the Chicago World's fair in the late 1800's because our politicians were so "windy" in the vying for the World Fair. Either way. It is pretty windy in Chicago!


I've actually been lost a little weight over the last couple of months. I did it in a very simple way, actually, and that was by increasing my fiber I was eating. I have been eating Kashi cereal for dinner lately. I get home from my temporary second job kidn of late, so I just want a little something to eat, and Kashi is quick and easy and fills me up. So if you are looking to lose some weight, up your fiber intake. Whole grains are excellent sources of fiber (although there is not much else nutritionally in them). Whole wheat breads (check the fiber content on the side), whole grain cereals (Kashi is excellent and pretty tasty). Berries (strawberries, blueberries, rasberries and blackberries) are all very very high in fiber, plus lots of antioxidants. Foods like this are also lower in calories, so you can fill up and get healthy nutrition.


Fiber also really helps with bloating, which is a problem for me. I swear you'd think I'm pregnant some mornings. I blow up like a balloon in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade for some reason. So if bloating is a problem for you, up your fiber and it will help a bit. You're actually supposed to eat 25-30 g of fiber a day, which is a lot! But you can do it with whole grains, berries and fiber supplements, and even some meal replacement shakes. It also might help you lose some weight as it will fill you up so you eat less, plus push out a lot of waste in your digestive tract.


Hope this helps a bit!


Jennifer :-)

For more practical advice and step by step guidance on transitioning, go to http://www.tgcompanion.com and order “The Transgender Companion” today! FREE excerpt included on the web site.

No comments: